Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 1: I stand Witness to the Desteni Organization, by Kim Amourette - My Introduction to Desteni


My name is Kim Amourette and I am from Kortrijk, Belgium. I was born here in Belgium in 1987, I graduated from high school at Heilig Hart Instituut in Heverlee and I have a degree in Neuro-Energetic Kinesiology, which I received in June, 2013 at the Souldance Institute in Moorsele. I joined the Desteni Research Group through the Equal Life Foundation in late 2007.

In 2007, I made my first introduction into the Desteni Group and became familiar with the Desteni Material. I took my first steps in applying the tools they presented for Self-Change, which is Writing to Freedom, Self-Forgiveness and Self-Corrective Application. Though it wasn't until August 2011 that I made the decision and full commitment to participate in the Research Activities and walk as a member of the Desteni Research Team. This is when I also started walking the Desteni I Process, to assist and support myself in my process of Self-Change and Self-Development through applying the tools of Writing, Self-forgiveness and Self-corrective Application.

First a little background information on myself:
When I was about 20 years old I started a 'search' for 'the truth'. This was due to having lived a life of experiencing extreme social anxiety and uncomfortability with myself in relation to my own inner experiences, my physical body and in relation to my environment. I had gotten to a point within my mind's development where I basically felt so lost and confused pretty much all the time and felt as though my life was entirely directionless, that I had contemplated suicide to rid myself of the burden of what I felt was going on inside of myself but which I could not in any way categorize, explain or place into perspective.

I searched within many Spiritual books for direction and guidance and I went into investigating the so-called 'hidden truths' about reality, which were mostly conspiracy theories -- to simply give myself a sense of importance and purpose as I did not in any way experience this when it came to 'real life' interaction with my daily reality. What I find fascinating, looking back on that time, was that no matter how far I went in my search, watching video's and documentaries and reading articles and books - was that there was always this experience of 'hope', like a longing for 'more' and a feeling that what I had read, tried and applied was 'not enough'. It was as though, the more I 'searched', the bigger the feeling grew that I had not found enough and that I somehow needed to 'know more' about the world and about 'myself' as a 'spiritual being'.

I then encountered the Desteni Website and I was immediately very eager to participate on the forum and to follow the steps and guidelines presented as the 'Process of Self-Realization'. After all, I was really desperate for answers and for a 'way out' of the experience of myself in my life, so I was basically willing to try anything. A cool point within how the Desteni Website presented these extremely practical tools of Writing, Self-Forgiveness, Self-corrective application and Breathing, was that the experience of 'hope' within myself, which I had been experiencing all throughout my 'Search-for-the-truth binge' and that had been my motivator to 'keep looking for answers', to a degree simmered down because now it was no longer about gathering more and more information to, as described in the Spiritual Books, 'feed my Energy Light Body' -- this time it was about doing Self-Introspection and Self-Investigation to, in that way, provide the answers to my questions by and for myself, using these specific tools which could be applied by anyone.

The Desteni Organization/Website/Group did not charge money for this information, they did not push me to go and buy this or that book to 'enhance my Spiritual Awakening' and in no way did I feel 'left out' of some vital information because I did not have the money to pay for this or that course or workshop, in fact they did not ask money for anything --- they offered these tools of Life-Support unconditionally, which is an extremely rare thing in this world where 'self-development' has become an industry for the Rich. This was probably the most determining point that separated Desteni from any other Spiritual Path or Teaching that I had up to that point come accross - is that:

  1. They shared their information free of charge, for anyone to utilize to their benefit
  2. They offered real live support on the forum with beings that had already been walking their process for a while, using the same tools in the same way as was presented and suggested on the website/forum - also unconditionally and with full and equal consideration for and attention to each participant on the forum
  3. There was no Guru, Master or 'Higher Being' that demanded attention and followers - the Forum was a place of support among equals, where it was real down-to-earth beings communicating in a simplistic manner using normal words and expressions that were always to the point and practical and understandable for anyone
  4. There was no implication that you in some way needed 'more' than what was already shared on the forum, in the video's and in the articles, to assist and support you in your process of self-change and self-understanding
  5. No one was excluded from participating in the group or from benefiting from the support and material on the forum in any way due to their financial situation


To be continued in Day 2 ...






1 comment: